Friday, January 1, 2010

Don't trust Home Pregnancy Tests!

Okay,I'm going to try this blogging thing. I would have like to have started 8 Months ago,but now that I will be going on Maternity leave soon and will have a little more time for myself I think I will see if I have the time and energy... 

Exactly 29 weeks ago today, I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. By that time I had done 3 home pregnancy tests and all were negative. But I wasn't convinced (Probably more hoped they were wrong) so I went to the doctor. 

We were on our way to go visiting,so I asked my husband to pack the car and meet me at the doctor before we left. Unfortunatly he took too long packing and wasn't there with me when I found out, and then made me wait outside for what felt like an hour on my own not being able to share my news with anyone until he knew!! Anyway when the doctor came in and said you are pregnant my mind went crazy,he said a few more things, but I did not hear a word! I don't even think I said Good - Bye when I left. My thoughts were racing. 

I paced up and down the drive way at the doctors waiting for my husband and checked the test another 100 times, just to make sure I heard him properly. Cried a little, and laughed at myself. Then Finally He arrived. I got into the car and just passed him the test and burst out crying. He was very happy and laughed and asked why on earth I was crying. (all the crying was because I was happy by the way) . We spread the news very quickly and told everyone we wanted to. Now for the next 8 months!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fairy, welcome! What a coincidence. I know someone exactly like you and will follow just to see whether there are more similarities (lol). So glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete